Business Practice Law
Business Practice Law in the United States
The practical analysis of the business practice law entries of the Encyclopedia of Law helps make tax laws for various business formations easy to understand, so you can best assist your clients whatever the stage of their business.
- Choosing the Right Business Entity, discussing the tax-related advantages of various types of business formations such as LLC, S-Corp, Partnership, etc.
- Limited Liability Company & Partnership Answers, in a question and answer format describing how to form and protect your LLC, LLP and FLP to meet certain requirements.
- Drafting Limited Liability Company Operating Agreements, step-by-step guidance to negotiate and draft LLC documents, concentrating on form 10.1 (the model operating agreement).
- S Corporation Taxation Guide, focusing on the rules of Subchapter S of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Financing Start-Ups legal issues, providing, in the entries and FAQs, strategies for financing companies of all sizes, answering questions like how much do you really need, whom you should ask and how to put a business plan together.